The Sandbox (SAND) / USD
$0.31 -4.79%down The Sandbox current price is $0.31 with a marketcap of 630.35 M. Its price is -4.79% down in last 24 hours.
About The Sandbox
About The Sandbox
The Sandbox is a platform focused on creating a decentralised gaming world, with the Ethereum blockchain as its base. It is fundamentally a virtual game in the metaverse, where players can purchase digital real estate known as LAND and use these plots to create unique and creative experiences for others on the network. Its closest competitor is Decentraland, as both operate as a gamified offering on the metaverse based on blockchain technology. The Sandbox initially came into existence as a game for mobile devices, in 2012, in collaboration with Pixowl and Onimatrix. It was only in 2018 when Animoca acquired Pixowl, that blockchain technology was deployed to upgrade the game into the spectrum of the 3D metaverse. This was further enhanced by deploying the features of token economics and user-generated content (UGC). The initial coin offering (ICO) of The Sandbox was conducted in 2020, generating a fund of 3 million USD that was circulated back into the platform for extended development.
The default non-fungible token (NFT) of The Sandbox is LAND, while the more prominent ones are its own two native crypto-assets known as SAND and ASSET:
- SAND: The crypto asset is the currency used for all gameplay transactions including purchasing LAND or participating in the content generated by other users of The Sandbox. These SAND tokens can be staked as collateral for voting rights in the decentralised autonomous organization (DAO).
- ASSET: These are non-fungible tokens used to buy and sell objects and avatars within the game. These objects contribute toward building the experience on LAND and each of them can be traded in the marketplace of The Sandbox platform.
Two main tools are available for developers on The Sandbox, making the platform a very exciting space for expressing creativity. They can create any experience of their choice on the LAND they own while using animations and curated interactions to provide an immersive alternate reality. The following two tools are available for developers on The Sandbox:
- Game Maker: Developers can use this tool to build three-dimensional games on the LAND owned by them through ASSET tokens that can be sold or purchased on The Sandbox marketplace.
- Voxel Editor: The term ‘Voxel’ is used to describe the smallest divisible unit of a 3D prototype. Through the Voxel Editor, these voxels can be used to create beautifying elements like flora and fauna. Depending on the created experience, they can get into intricate detailing such as clothing, props, and vehicles.
Since The Sandbox began its journey, it has attracted the support and investment of several renowned entities such as Helix, CryptoKitties, and Atari.
How To Buy Sandbox With Zebpay?
You can get started with just a few easy steps:
- Register on ZebPay crypto exchange, and create an account.
- As standard verification, upload your documents and complete the KYC process.
- Choose the amount of money you want to invest and load your virtual wallet.
- Buy Sandbox with the deposited funds.
Why Buy Sandbox With ZebPay?
- Platforms such as ZebPay provide live market capitalization details for SAND and other crypto assets.
- A popular and secure platform to invest and trade in crypto assets.
- Having been in the industry since 2014, ZebPay makes it very quick and comfortable for first-time users to get started and plan their crypto journey, with suggestions and guidelines at every step of the way.
- Market cap $630.35 M 0.06 % of Crypto Market
- Volume (24h) $51.63 M 27%
- 52 Week Low $0.28
- 52 Week High $0.98
- All Time Low $0.028939
- All Time High $8.44
- Total Supply 3.00 B
- Max Supply 3.00 B
- Circulating Supply 2.06 B
- CMC Rank 58
- 7D% Change 1.52%
- Returns YTD -20.30%
Top 10 Losers
Last 24 hours
Curve DAO Token
Ethereum Name Service
Basic Attention Token