Why buy HBAR?
1) The native token of Hedera Hashgraph is HBAR. The HBAR Token is used for transaction fees, security and incentivizing security.
2) Users of the network pay a fee in HBAR to consensus nodes for processing and ordering their transactions.
3) To achieve network security, users can stake their HBAR tokens. In turn for staking users get staking rewards in terms of HBAR tokens.
1) What makes Hedera different from the blockchain (DLT) is Hashgraph, Its new consensus algorithm. Using the algorithm, Hedera can process and finalise more transactions than a conventional Proof-of-Work network.
2) This makes Hedera faster and efficient than the high latency and low transaction speed networks. Therefore, Hedera uses lesser energy and offers cheaper transaction costs.
3) Additionally, the algorithm makes it asynchronous Byzantine Fault Tolerant (aBFT) therefore making it secure to faulty nodes.
4) Hedera also facilitates the Hedera Consensus Service (HCS) and the Hedera Token Service (HTS) to its users.
5) It is backed and governed by the world’s leading organizations. These organizations include Boeing, Google, London School of Economics (LSE), Wipro, IBM, IIT Madras, Tata Communications, Standard Bank etc.