Polygon (MATIC) / USD
$0.53 1.51%up Polygon current price is $0.53 with a marketcap of 4.97 B. Its price is 1.51% up in last 24 hours.
About Polygon (Matic)
Polygon is a technology platform, also known as MATIC, owing to the crypto asset. Polygon was launched in 2017 and brought together projects based on Ethereum, allowing users to connect, interact and scale via the blockchain network. Since Polygon stems from Ethereum, it offers similar advantages such as interoperability, robust security, minimised transaction fees, and quick turnaround time. Polygon is a layer 2 (L2) solution for blockchain networks and is compatible with Ethereum, thereby providing an added opportunity for scale and autonomy. The star creation of Polygon is known as MATIC PoS Chain, which has a speed of up to 65,000 transactions per second (TPS) on just a single sidechain. There are talks of two additional L2 products to be launched in the foreseeable future, called ‘Optimistic rollups’ & ‘zk-Rollups,’ which cater to fraud proofing and zero-knowledge.
The founding team of Polygon comprises four technical experts with seasoned advisors on their team, including names from the Ethereum Foundation. A key goal of Polygon is to break through the current limitations of Ethereum and excel in making the interface more friendly for users while increasing its scalability. The earlier use of off-chain ‘child transactions,’ as they are known, has now developed into a more holistic protocol and framework with increased compatibility and efficacy for interoperable blockchain transactions.
Polygon has essentially revamped the traditional consensus and proof-of-stake methodology of Ethereum into a more resourceful and capable platform. The token is known as MATIC and is traded by the same name on various exchanges globally. It is also known as an ERC-20 token which indicates that it is compatible with all other Ethereum-based digital assets.
Those who pledge not to trade their MATIC tokens will have a say in its governance. These token pledgers are referred to as validators in the Polygon network. Every successful validation is incentivised with MATIC tokens.
The commendable ability of Polygon to tackle the restraining hurdles of Ethereum stems from certain vital factors outlined below:
- Firstly, there are several other blockchain platforms and networks in the comprehensive system. To be congruent with them, Polygon is working toward eventually making all of them compatible with Ethereum.
- Secondly, to enable compatibility, Polygon allows each of these blockchains to communicate seamlessly.
- Lastly, customized blockchains are being developed by Polygon, which uses the existing ones as the foundation.
Web 3.0 is the new buzzword, and it is primarily a decentralisation of the internet. Polygon has committed $100 million to projects that will enable the same. It currently supports more than 7000 projects based on blockchain, with 2.1 seconds as the average time for block processing and transaction fees as low as $0.01.
How to Buy Polygon Coin
You can get started with just a few easy steps:
- Register on ZebPay crypto exchange, and create an account.
- As standard verification, upload your documents and complete the KYC process.
- Choose the amount of money you want to invest and load your virtual wallet.
- Buy Bitcoin with the deposited funds.
Why Buy Polygon Coin With ZebPay
- ZebPay offers a host of features for beginner & advanced crypto asset traders with over 5 million users.
- The robust security of the ZebPay interface ensures the safety of your digital asset at all times.
- Having been in the industry since 2014, ZebPay makes it very quick and comfortable for first-time users to get started and plan their crypto journey, with suggestions and guidelines at every step of the way.
- Market cap $4.97 B 0.46 % of Crypto Market
- Volume (24h) $226.85 M -8.08%
- 52 Week Low $0.49
- 52 Week High $1.56
- All Time Low $0.003012
- All Time High $2.92
- Total Supply 10.00 B
- Max Supply 10.00 B
- Circulating Supply 9.30 B
- CMC Rank 14
- 7D% Change 2.83%
- Returns YTD -29.44%
Top 10 Gainers
Last 24 hours
Top 10 Losers
Last 24 hours
Curve DAO Token