Why buy Cosmos?
1) Cosmos’ vision is to make building blockchain projects easy for developers and break the barriers between blockchains by allowing them to transact with each other.
2) This vision is achieved with the following tools, each designed to remove the limitations of present-day blockchain technology:
a) Scalability: Tendermint BFT packages layers of a blockchain into a generic engine, allowing developers to focus on application development as opposed to the underlying protocol.
b) Usability: The Cosmos SDK is a framework that simplifies the process of building secure blockchain applications on top of Tendermint BFT.
c) Interoperability: Cosmos connects blockchains using the Inter Blockchain Communication Protocol, a TCP/IP-like messaging protocol for blockchains, allowing heterogeneous chains to transfer value or data to each other.
An internet of blockchains
1) Cosmos is poised to begin a new era for blockchain technology by creating a network of chains, united by open-source tools to streamline transactions between them. An internet of blockchains. The project identifies three core areas of improvement for the present-day blockchain ecosystem:
2) Scalability: Proof-of-Work protocols are slow, expensive, unscalable, and environmentally harmful. Decentralized applications built on top of Ethereum are inhibited by a shared rate of 15 transactions per second.
3) Usability: Blockchain applications are complex and difficult to understand for developers.
4) Interoperability: Blockchain economies are siloed and cannot transfer assets between each other.
5) Rather than prioritizing its own network, Cosmos’ vision is to make it easy for developers to build blockchains and break the barriers between blockchains by allowing them to transact with each other.