Why buy Stellar?
1) When you deposit your INR into the network, you create a digital token, representing the same value of those rupees on Stellar. This 1:1 relationship means that when people hold a rupee token, they can treat them just like traditional money.
2) This sounds pretty standard. But this 1:1 relationship holds massive potential. No matter where the tokens are, their underlying rupees have not moved at all – meaning no third-party needs to be involved. Using Stellar also means the individuals holding the tokens can be located anywhere, and still trade them however they please. The Stellar network makes money borderless.
About Stellar (XLM) Network
1) Stellar makes it possible to create, send and trade digital representations of all forms of money—dollars, pesos, bitcoin, pretty much anything. It’s specifically designed to make traditional forms of money—the money people have been spending and saving for centuries—more useful and accessible.
2) The Stellar network launched in 2015. Since then it’s processed more than 450 million operations made by over 4 million individual accounts.
3) The Stellar Lumen is one of the best-performing altcoins of the last five years with a market cap of just over $1 billion. Unlike the tokens of other blockchains, lumens aren’t mined or awarded by the protocol over time. Instead, 100 billion lumens were created when the Stellar network went live, with about 50% being taken out of circulation since.