Polkadot (DOT) / USD
$7.41 0.32%up Polkadot current price is $7.41 with a marketcap of 9.50 B. Its price is 0.32% up in last 24 hours.
Polkadot is a crypto asset (listed as DOT on exchanges) and a multi-chain application that facilitates interoperable cross chains within its environment. The main distinguishing trait of Polkadot over other crypto platforms is that it enables the transfer of not just crypto assets across blockchains but also actual data sets. Moreover, it supports this at a level that was unfathomable before the introduction of the platform. The main problem statement that Polkadot is solving is the interoperability aspect which is one of the biggest hurdles in existing decentralised blockchains. The current state of affairs is such that the various blockchain networks, though co-existing, are still operating in silos with no visibility. This fragmentation leads to data sets wrapped within the blockchain networks with no way other networks can leverage the same.
Polkadot focuses on bypassing this issue by amalgamating various proprietary technologies, thereby facilitating the seamless movement of data and information between public networks and blockchains that may otherwise be private. The interoperability makes Polkadot a programmable blockchain, and one can imagine it to be a platform that can ‘talk’ to other networks.
How Polkadot Works?
Polkadot works as an open-source platform. Its blockchain allows for distributed computing based on a protocol known as ‘Blind Assignment for Blockchain Extension,’ otherwise known as BABE. Not only is Polkadot more scalable and efficient when compared to Bitcoin and Ethereum, but it can also alleviate congestion by an extreme level as traffic is regulated through parachains. Parachains are essentially mini networks through which any transaction surges deviate to maintain speed and efficacy. Due to parachains, Polkadot is referred to as a layer 0 meta protocol. DOT was first introduced in 2020 and has expanded its market capitalization by almost 630 percent. The current live price of the DOT crypto asset is approximately USD 20.88, with a circulating supply of ~987,579315 coins.
The Polkadot systems are based on four key aspects:
- Parachains: Individual chains that possess identifiable tokens while catering to specific use cases. These can be highly optimized to contribute to Polkadot’s overall efficiency.
- Parathreads: They replicate the working of Parachains, except they offer a pay-as-you-go model that makes it more affordable for users on the network.
- Bridges: As the name indicates, Bridges are the connecting dots between external blockchains and the parachains or parathreads.
- Relay chains: These chains are the crux of Polkadot as they contribute towards bringing about the common consensus, collective security, and interoperability across the various chains mentioned above.
How to Buy Polkadot Coin?
You can get started with just a few easy steps:
- Register on ZebPay crypto exchange, and create an account.
- As standard verification, upload your documents and complete the KYC process.
- Choose the amount of money you want to invest and load your virtual wallet.
- Buy Polkadot (DOT) with the deposited funds.
Why Buy Polkadot Coin With ZebPay?
- ZebPay is one of the top-rated exchanges for trading with Polkadot (DOT) and other crypto assets listed on the exchange.
- Information is readily available on the live prices of all coins, making it an easy reference for buying and selling. Guidelines are issued at every step for maximum capital gains.
- ZebPay even incentivizes investments for beginners by offering cashback on their first transaction.
- With over 5 million users active on our platform, ZebPay is considered one of the best crypto exchanges available in the market.
- Market cap $9.50 B 0.49 % of Crypto Market
- Volume (24h) $245.89 M -8.03%
- 52 Week Low $3.61
- 52 Week High $9.58
- All Time Low $2.69
- All Time High $55.00
- Total Supply 1.41 B
- Max Supply n/a
- Circulating Supply 1.28 B
- CMC Rank 13
- 7D% Change -5.06%
- Returns YTD -9.88%